Frank Shamrock took home more than half of the total disclosed salaries for Saturday night’s Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Diaz, earning $369,790 for his TKO loss to Nick Diaz. While Diaz only acquired $39,950 (including a $10,000 win bonus) for the victory. The second highest earner on the evening was Scott Smith who took home $49,940 (with a $25,000 win bonus) for his knockout victory over Benji Radach.
Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Diaz took place Saturday night at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California. The event drew in 15,211 attendees for a live gate of around $750,000, barely enough to cover payroll.
The official salaries exclude some bonuses, taxes, fees, sponsor payments, and other miscellaneous payments and fees.
The official salaries for Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Diaz were:
- Nick Diaz: $39,950 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Frank Shamrock: $369,790
- Gilbert Melendez: $49,890 (no win bonus) def. Rodrigo Damm: $9,190
- Scott Smith: $49,940 (includes $25,000 win bonus) def. Benji Radach: $16,940
- Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos: $18,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Hitomi Akano: $1,450
- Brett Rogers: $39,940 (includes $20,000 win bonus) def. Ron “Abongo” Humphrey: $3,205
- Luke Rockhold: $6,000 (includes $3,000 win bonus) def. Buck Meredith: $1,540
- Eric Lawson: $9,950 (includes $2,000 win bonus) def. Waylon Kennell: $1,950
- Raul Castillo: $7,890 (includes $3,500 win bonus) def. Brandon Michaels: $1,500
- James Terry: $3,940 (includes $2,000 win bonus) def. Zak Bucia: $1,500
- Shingo Kohara: $940 (no win bonus) def. Jeremy Tavares: $940
- Total Disclosed Payroll: $634,415