Welcome to MMAFrenzy.com’s live coverage of UFC 97: Redemption, which takes place today, Saturday April 18th, at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada. The pay-per-view event is headlined by UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva defending his title against Thales Leites and also features light heavyweights Chuck Liddell and Mauricio “Shogun” Rua squaring off in the co-main event.
The 12-bout event will get underway at 7:30pm ET with a 7-fight unaired preliminary card followed by 5 televised bouts, including Silva-Leites and Liddell-Rua.
Join MMAFrenzy.com beginning at 7:30pm ET for live results and main card play-by-play.
- Anderson Silva (c) def. Thales Leites via unanimous decision (49-46, 48-47, 50-46)
UFC Middleweight Championship
- Sam Stout def. Matt Wiman via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Mauricio “Shogun” Rua def. Chuck Liddell via TKO (strikes) — Round 1, 4:28
- Krzysztof Soszynski def. Brian Stann via submission (kimura) — Round 1, 3:53
- Cheick Kongo def. Antoni Hardonk via TKO (strikes) — Round 2, 2:29
- Luis Cane def. Steve Cantwell via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Denis Kang def. Xavier Foupa-Pokam via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Nate Quarry def. Jason MacDonald via TKO (strikes) — Round 1, 2:27
- Ed Herman def. David Loiseau via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
- Mark Bocek def. David Bielkheden via submission (rear naked choke) — Round 1, 4:57
- TJ Grant def. Ryo Chonan via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)
- Eliot Marshall def. Vinicius Magalhaes via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)