Heavyweight prospect Bobby Lashley (2-0) announced his signing with Xtreme Fighting Championships on Saturday at the promotion’s XFC 8: Regional Conflict event in Knoxville, Tennessee.
Lashley, who was originally rumored to be in action on the XFC 8 card, will instead debut in September against an opponent to-be-announced.
The official XFC 8 results were:
- Jarrod Card def. Bruce Connors via unanimous decision
Vacant XFC Featherweight Championship
- Rafaello Oliveira def. John Mahlow via unanimous decision
- Julio Gallegos def. CT Turner via submission (guillotine choke) — Round 2, 2:47
- Ovince St. Preux def. Ombey Mobley via submission (ankle lock) — Round 1, 2:36
- Jason Wood def. Derek Schiffer via TKO (strikes) — Round 2, 3:41
- Chris Barnett def. Johnathan Ivey via unanimous decision
- Corey Krebs def. Dean Hamilton via TKO (strikes) — Round 1, 1:22
- Matt Traylor def. Richard Boyd via TKO (strikes) — Round 1, 4:37
- Devan Plaisance def. Paul McEntee via TKO (strikes) — Round 1, 3:06