The UFC announced Wednesday evening via Twitter that the once promising Heavyweight fight who has been out of action since March of 2013, Stefan Struve will make his long-awaited return to the Octagon on Saturday, July 5, when he faces Matt Mitrione in a heavyweight bout to take place on the UFC 175 card at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.
They tweeted the following….
— UFC (@ufc) May 8, 2014
Stefan Struve (25-6) has 7 knockouts and 16 submissions in his MMA career. Prior to his last fight, he was on a four fight winning streak, it started with Pat Barry, then Dave Herman, then Lavar Johnson and finally Stipe Miocic. However, in his last fight, which was in March of 2013, he lost to Mark Hunt via 3rd TKO.
This is how the rest of the card looks like:
- UFC Middleweight Championship: Chris Weidman (c) vs. Lyoto Machida
- UFC Female Bantamweight Championship: Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Alexis Davis
- Light Heavyweight: Chael Sonnen vs. Wanderlei Silva
- Middleweight: Uriah Hall vs. Thiago Santos
- Welterweight: Ildemar Alcantara vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
- Middleweight: Guilherme Vasconcelos and Luke Zachrich