UFC newcomers Dashon Johnson (9-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) and Jake Matthews (4-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will face off against each other at UFC Fight Night 43. UFC officials announced the fight yesterday.
Dashon Johnson has 5 knockouts and three submission victories in his MMA career. In his last two fight, he has won by submission and last fought in March of this year.
UFC Fight Night 43 takes place on June 28th in Auckland, New Zealand and streams in the U.S. On UFC Fight Pass.
The headliner will be Nate Marquardt vs. James Te Huna.
Jake Matthews has 1 knockout, 2 submission and 1 victory by decision. He won his first three fights by finishes, but his last fight went the distance.
These two are still very young fighters with little experience, can they shine on the biggest stage in the MMA world? Find out on June 28th.
Here is the current card as of this writing:
- Nate Marquardt vs. James Te Huna
- Hatsu Hioki vs. Charles Oliveira
- Soa Palelei vs. Jared Rosholt
- Claudio Henrique da Silva vs. Neil Magny
- Vik Grujic vs. Chris Indich
- Robert Whittaker vs. Mike Rhodes
- Sean O’Connell vs. Gian Villante
- Jon Delos Reyes vs. Richie Vaculik