Veteran light heavyweight Vladimir Matyushenko, who has fought in the UFC, Affliction, and the IFL, topped former UFC fighter Jason Lambert via unanimous decision on Saturday in Ontario, California in the main event of Call to Arms I.
Matyushenko, who had won eight-straight bouts since leaving the UFC before suffering a second-round TKO to Antonio Rogerio Nogueira in January at Affliction: Day of Reckoning, improved to 22-4 in the victory. Lambert falls to 23-10 with the loss, having been defeated in four-straight bouts.
Also on the card, UFC and WEC veteran Tiki Ghosn (11-7) fought for the first time in over a year, scoring a unanimous decision victory over Brian Warren and former professional wrestler and Strikeforce veteran Daniel Puder (7-0) remained undefeated with a first-round TKO of Jeff Ford.
The event’s official results, via MMAjunkie, were:
- Vladimir Matyushenko def. Jason Lambert via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Tiki Ghosn def. Brian Warren via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Daniel Puder def. Jeff Ford via TKO (injury) – Round 1, 1:23
- Karen Darabedyan def. Jose Camacho vis TKO (cut) – Round 1, 5:00
- Toby Grear def. Mike Sandez via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Georgi Karakhanyan def. Albert Rios via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Chad George def. Alvin Cacdac via split decision (30-27, 30-27, 28-29)
- Matt Major def. Jaime Fletcher via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Brett Cooper def. Joe Cronin via TKO (cut) – Round 2, 1:17
- Jay Silva def. Reggie Orr via TKO (flying knee) – Round 2, 1:41
- Sevak Magakian def. Harold Lucambio via submission (heel hook) – Round 1, 1:59
- Francisco Rivera def. Johnny Gomez via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
[Pictured: Vladimir Matyushenko]