All 22 fighters, including UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans and challenger Lyoto Machida, rivals Matt Hughes and Matt Serra, and late-replacement Mike Pyle, successfully made weight on Friday in Las Vegas for UFC 98.
The official weigh-in results were:
- Lyoto Machida (204) vs. Rashad Evans (c) (205)
UFC Light Heavyweight Championship
- Matt Serra (171) vs. Matt Hughes (170)
- Drew McFedries (185) vs. Xavier Foupa-Pokam (186)
- Dan Miller (185) vs. Chael Sonnen (186)
- Frank Edgar (155) vs. Sean Sherk (156)
- Mike Pyle (172*) vs. Brock Larson (171)
- Tim Hague (263) vs. Pat Barry (237)
- Kyle Bradley (156) vs. Phillipe Nover (156)
- Andre Gusmao (206) vs. Krzysztof Soszynski (206)
- Brandon Wolff (170) vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida (171)
- George Roop (154) vs. Dave Kaplan (156)
*Due to the late notice replacement of Chris Wilson by Pyle, Pyle was allowed an extra pound at the weigh-in.