- Bellator has finalized an eight-bout lineup for its June 5th event in California. The card features the featherweight final between Yahir Reyes and Joe Soto as well as seven non-tournament bouts.
- The New York State Assembly’s Committee on Tourism, Parks, Arts will vote on June 3 on whether to regulate mixed martial arts in the state.
- The UFC has completed the fight card for UFC 101 on August 8th in Philadelphia with the addition of Alessio Sakara vs. Thales Leites to the event’s preliminary lineup.
- Andre “Dida” Amade vs. Katsunori Kikuno has been added to the rumored lineup for DREAM 10 on July 20th in Japan.
- A cut suffered in a brawl with bouncers nearly caused Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem to lose his hand, according to Fighters Only, forcing Overeem out of action for an undetermined time period that is likely to span the summer, including a scheduled June 20th title defense against Brett Rogers.
- Kimbo Slice is now a free agent, according to a May 13th SEC filing by ProElite, after negotiations for Slice to join Strikeforce fell through. Slice is expected to leave MMA at least temporarily to make his pro boxing debut later this year.
- A welterweight bout between Paul Daley and Jay Hieron has been signed for Affliction 3 on August 1st in Anaheim, California, MMA Fanhouse is reporting.