Both fighters weighed in at 134-pounds, one-pound under the 135-pound division limit, at the official weigh-ins, which were held at Body English at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino. Tomorrow’s event takes place at The Joint at the Hard Rock and airs live on Versus.
The rest of the 11-bout card also successfully made weight with the exception of lightweight Marcus Hicks, who weighed in at 159-pounds for his preliminary bout against Shane Roller. Roller will receive 15-percent of Hicks’ contracted purse and the fight will go on as scheduled.
The official weigh-in results for WEC 42 were:
- 135: Miguel Torres (c) (134) vs. Brian Bowles (134)
WEC Bantamweight Championship
- 135: Joseph Benavidez (135) vs. Dominick Cruz (135)
- 155: Danny Castillo (156) vs. Ricardo Lamas (155)
- 135: Jeff Curran (136) vs. Takeya Mizugaki (135)
- 145: Leonard Garcia (145) vs. Jameel Massouh (146)
- 145: Fredson Paixao (145) vs. Cole Province (146)
- 155: Marcus Hicks (159)* vs. Shane Roller (156)^
- 155: Phil Cardella (155) vs. Ed Ratcliff (155)
- 135: John Hosman (135) vs. Rani Yayha (136)
- 145: Rafael Dias (145) vs. Diego Nunes (145)
- 145: L.C. Davis (145) vs. Javier Vazquez (146)
* Hicks weighed in at 159-pounds on his only attempt and will lose 15-percent of his purse to Roller, with the fight going on as scheduled.
^ Roller weighed in at 157-pounds on his first try, but reached an acceptable 156-pounds without his fight shorts on a second attempt.
Remember: Fighters are granted a one-pound allowance for non-championship bouts.
[Weigh-in results via MMAjunkie]
Pictured: Miguel Torres