The last thing that Strikeforce’s August 15th “Carano vs. Cyborg” card needed was another line up change. It appears that scheduled combatant Nick Diaz(pictured) has taken some actions that may cause just that, and you guessed it, it’s related to his drug test. Diaz reportedly failed to show for his scheduled pre-fight testing on Wednesday, and his coach, Caesar Gracie, claimed that Diaz missed the appointment because he was “Busy training,” according to a report from www.f4wonline.com. Gracie then went on to claim that they had already rescheduled the screening with the CSAC for Monday(today), which the CSAC has since denied.
The problem with doing the testing today is that the CSAC has claimed that they would not have enough time to process the sample and get results prior to Friday’s weigh-ins for Saturdays event. In response to that there were claims, again from www.f4wonline.com, that Strikeforce was going to fly Diaz to LA to take the test, and then rush the sample to the UCLA testing lab. If the testing was completed and passed then Diaz would be on the card, if not then he would be off.
On today’s Media Call, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said that there were contingency plans in place, and that that Diaz has until 3pm today to take his test and still be able to fight Saturday. Coker said there were two flights Diaz could take to arrive in order to take his test and should be on his way. Should Diaz fail to get licensed for the fight for any reason, Coker says his scheduled opponent Jay Hieron would still be fighting on the card, but whether the bout would remain a title fight would be addressed later, once it was determined whether or not Diaz showed up for his testing.