Kenny Florian, Forrest Griffin, and Tamdan McCrory were among the six UFC 101 fighters who were issued medical suspensions by the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission following Saturday’s event, which took place at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia.
MMAjunkie received the list of medical suspensions and injuries from the PSAC on Tuesday.
Florian, who was submitted in the fourth round by lightweight champ BJ Penn in event’s headliner, must undergo a CT scan of his facial bones and faces a 45-day minimum suspension, while Tamdan McCrory, who suffered a decision loss to John Howard on the UFC 101 prelims, must undergo an eye exam and be cleared by a doctor to return.
Griffin, Amir Sadollah, Dan Cramer, and Danillo Villefort were all issued 30-day suspensions.
The complete list of suspensions and injuries included:
- Kenny Florian: Must have CT scan of facial bones; minimum 45-day suspension.
- Forrest Griffin: 30-day suspension for precautionary reasons.
- Amir Sadollah: 30-day suspension for precautionary reasons.
- Tamdan McCrory: Must have a full eye exam and be cleared by a doctor to return.
- Dan Cramer: 30-day suspension for facial cuts.
- Danillo Villefort: 30-day suspension for facial cuts.
Pictured: Kenny Florian