Ten fights are now official for UFC 104: Machida vs. Shogun on October 24 in Los Angeles, as the UFC on Tuesday added eight additional bouts to the event’s official lineup, joining the previously announced main event between light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida and Mauricio “Shogun” Rua as well as a confirmed heavyweight matchup between Ben Rothwell and Cain Velasquez.
Notable additions to the card include middleweight contender Yushin Okami, a winner of three-straight and 7 of his 8 UFC fights, who meets Chael Sonnen on the untelevised UFC 104 preliminary card, as well as former lightweight champion Sean Sherk, whose fight against Gleison Tibau has been shifted from UFC 103 to the UFC 104 main card.
The official fight card for UFC 104 now features:
- Lyoto Machida (c) vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua
UFC Light Heavyweight Championship
- Cain Velasquez vs. Ben Rothwell
- Sean Sherk vs. Gleison Tibau
- Joe Stevenson vs. Spencer Fisher
- Anthony Johnson vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida
- Antoni Hardonk vs. Pat Barry
- Yushin Okami vs. Chael Sonnen
- Jorge Rivera vs. Rob Kimmons
- Ryan Bader vs. Eric Schafer
- Razak Al-Hassan vs. Kyle Kingsbury
- Chase Gormley vs. Stefan Struve
Pictured: Sean Sherk