A previously-reported light heavyweight matchup between Randy Couture and Brandon Vera was made official on Monday to headline UFC 105 on November 14 in Manchester, England.
A hall of famer and five-time champion, Couture (16-10) returned to the Octagon in 2007, winning back-to-back bouts over Tim Sylvia and Gabrial Gonzaga, but has since suffered two-straight losses to Brock Lesnar and most-recently in August Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.
Vera (11-3), a former heavyweight contender, dropped down to 205-pounds following losses to Tim Sylvia and Fabricio Werdum and has since gone 3-1, defeating Reese Andy, Mike Patt, Krzysztof Soszynski, while suffering a loss to Keith Jardine.
The Spike TV-televised event also includes Michael Bisping vs. Denis Kang and Dan Hardy vs. Dong Hyun Kim, as well as TUF 9 winner James Wilks and Ross Pearson.
The current lineup for UFC 105 features:
- Randy Couture vs. Brandon Vera
- Michael Bisping vs. Denis Kang
- Dan Hardy vs. Dong Hyun Kim
- James Wilks vs. Matt Brown*
- Ross Pearson vs. Aaron Riley*
- DaMarques Johnson vs. Peter Sobotta*
- Paul Kelly vs. Denis Siver*
- Andre Winner vs. Roli Delgado*
- Terry Etim vs. Shannon Gugerty*
- Paul Taylor vs. John Hathaway*
- Nick Osipczak vs. Matt Riddle*
- Alexander Gustafsson vs. Jared Hamman*
*Not officially announced