Fighters weighed-in today at the Dallas Convention Center Arena for UFC 103, which will take place Saturday at the American Airlines Center in Dallas. Pay-per-view headliner Rich Franklin made weight for his 195-pound catchweight bout, tipping the scale at 195 on the nose. Co-headliner Vitor Belfort missed weight by a quarter of a pound after stripping down on his initial try, but later got down to the contracted 196 pounds.
Spike TV-televised combatant Efrain Escudero failed to make weight on his first attempt, weighing in at 157 pounds, one pound over the the non-title lightweight limit of 156. He, like Belfort, was given time to shed the extra weight and did so, weighing in at 156 pounds on a subsequent attempt.
The rest of the fighters on the 13-bout card, including main card fighters Josh Koscheck and Frank Trigg, successfully made weight on their first attempts for the Spike and pay-per-view televised event.
The official weigh-in results for UFC 103 were:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
- Vitor Belfort (196) vs. Rich Franklin (195)
- Junior Dos Santos (236) vs. Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic (226)
- Martin Kampmann (169.5) vs. Paul Daley (170)
- Josh Koscheck (170) vs. Frank Trigg (170.25)
- Hermes Franca (159) vs. Tyson Griffin (155.5)^
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
- Efrain Escudero (156) vs. Cole Miller (155)
- Tomasz Drwal (185) vs. Drew McFedries (185.25)
- Steve Lopez (154.5) vs. Jim Miller (154.5)
- Nick Lentz (155) vs. Rafaello Oliveira (155.25)
- Brian Foster (170.75) vs. Rick Story (170)
- Jason Brilz (205.25) vs. Elliot Marshall (204.75)
- Vladimir Matyushenko (205) vs. Igor Pokrajac (203)
- Rafael dos Anjos (155.5) vs. Rob Emerson (155.5)
*Belfort and Escudero each weighed-in over the limit for their bouts and have been given additional time to lose the additional weight.
^ These fighters agreed prior to the weigh-ins to meet at a catchweight of 159 pounds.
Stop back tomorrow for live UFC 103 coverage, as well as MMAFrenzy.com’s fight night recap and post-event news.