Middleweights Tim Kennedy and Zak Cummings, who are slated to square off in the main event of Friday’s “Strikeforce Challengers” event, successfully made weight on Thursday at the weigh-ins for the Showtime-televised event, which takes place at the SpiritBank Event Center in Bixby, Oklahoma.
Kennedy (10-2), an Army veteran who returned from a year-and-a-half layoff in June with a second-round knockout of Nick Thompson, tipped the scale at 186 pounds, while the undefeated up-and-comer Cummings (10-0) also weighed in at 186.
The official weigh-in results for “Strikeforce Challengers: Kennedy vs. Cummings” were:
MAIN CARD (Showtime – 11pm ET)
- Zak Cummings (186) vs. Tim Kennedy (186)
- Kevin Jordan (236.6) vs. Ray Sefo (240.8)
- Zach Light (170.4) vs. Tyron Woodley (171)
- Travis Calonoc (146.6) vs. Thomas Longacre (148)
- Daniel Cormier (250.2) vs. Gary Frazier (245.2)
- Lacey Schuckman (121) vs. Jeri Sitzes (120.4)
- Levi Avera (175.4) vs. Paul Bradley (176.6)
- Brandon Gaines (187.8) vs. Trey Houston (183.6)
- John Carson (155.8) vs. Kenny Giddens (155.2)
- Nick Gibbons (147) vs. Josh Pulsifer (147.6)
- Lemont Davis (168.4) vs. Dillon Smith (169.4)
Stop back to MMAFrenzy.com tomorrow night for results from “Strikeforce Challengers: Kennedy vs. Cummings” and check out a photo gallery from today’s weigh-ins below.