Fighters weighed in today for Carolina Fight Promotion’s Carolina Crown 2, to be held tomorrow at the RBC Center in Raleigh, NC. Official weigh-ins were held today at 4pm, and then a weigh-in party was held at 6pm where the fighters were introduced, and had their official weights announced. Some fighters were not present at the weigh-in party, and their weigh-in results were not available at that time. MMAFrenzy.com has reached out to the promotion to try to obtain those weigh-in results, but at this time has not received them.
Headliners Vinny Magalhaes and Chris Davis made weight, each weighing in under the 205 pound light heavyweight limit. Davis is a last minute replacement for the injured Jason Guida, who himself was a replacement for the originally scheduled Lance Evans. Magalhaes was a finalist on season 8 of “The Ultimate Fighter” but lost to Ryan Bader in the Finale. Davis had tried out for the season but did not make the cast, and says he is looking to beat Magalhaes to prove that he deserved to be on the show.
MAIN CARD (PROFESSIONAL)
- Preston Marks 142.2 vs. Jon Owens 146 Interim Championship
- Brian Keller 168.6 vs. Jake Whitfield 168.8 Championship
- Vinny Magalhaes 204.4 vs. Chris Davis 204.6 Main Event
- Jerry Spiegle 184 vs. Billy Dowey 184
- Dave Linder 155 vs. Pete Martin 155
- Marcus Thomas 201.4 vs. Tomar Washington 206
- Justin Dalton 146 vs. Larry Hughes 145
- Jeff Tharington 155 vs. George Hickman 155
- Jeff Loken 145 vs. Grant Harris 144
- Dustin Turbeville * vs. Jimmy Hall *
- Drew Allen Stewart 265 vs. Chris Sutton 265
- Rachel Dovidio 141 vs. Alicia Corey 140
- James Ronsick * vs. Simon Chi 155
- Carlos Perez 160 vs. Nick Rahn 160
* – Not available.
Be sure to check back to MMAFrenzy.com on Sunday for results from the fights.