- Lightweight Josh Neer has been released by the UFC after suffering a unanimous decision loss to Gleison Tibau last Saturday at UFC 104, his second-straight loss and third in his last four fights.
- Mark Bocek will take on newcomer Joe Brammer in a lightweight matchup at The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale on December 5 after his original opponent, Matt Veach, was tapped to replace an injured Kurt Pellegrino and fight Frankie Edgar on the event’s main card.
- Middleweights Tim Credeur and Mike Massenzio are likely to fight in January at UFC Fight Night 20.
- UFC middleweights Yoshihiro Akiyama and Yushin Okami recently began training at Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas.
- Heavyweight Pat Barry, who earned “Fight of the Night” and “Knockout of the Night” honors for his second-round knockout of Antoni Hardonk at UFC 104, will be sidelined at least two months to recover from surgery needed to repair a broken thumb suffered in the win. Barry has his sights set on fighting Stefan Struve when he returns to action.
- Veterans Nick Thompson, Bobby Southworth, and Jason Lambert have advanced in tryouts for The Ultimate Fighter 11, while Wayne Cole and Logan Clark fell short in their bids to make it onto the reality series.
- The UFC will likely hold an event in Boston in 2010 after Massachusetts lawmakers recently passed a bill to regulate mixed martial arts events in the state, with only a signature from Governor Deval Patrick needed for the law to go into effect.
- The Ultimate Fighter 10 cast member Zak Jensen faces a wrongful death lawsuit for his alleged involvement in a March altercation in Mexico with Josh Gunderson, who died as a result of the fight.
Pictured: Josh Neer