A welterweight matchup between Paulo Thiago and newcomer Jacob Volkmann, previously scheduled for the non-televised UFC 106 preliminary card, has been shifted to the event’s pay-per-view main card after a bout between Karo Parisyan and Dustin Hazelett was scratched from the card on Thursday.
Thiago (11-1) upset Josh Koscheck in February in his UFC debut, but suffered his first career loss to Jon Fitch in July, while Volkmann (9-0) remained undefeated with a first-round submission of Kevin Knabjian at a May Bellator event.
UFC 106, which takes place on Saturday at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, is headlined by a rematch between former light heavyweight champions Tito Ortiz and Forrest Griffin and also features Anthony Johnson vs. Josh Koscheck and Luiz Cane vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.
Here’s how the UFC 106 card stands following today’s changes:
MAIN CARD (PPV)
- Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin
- Josh Koscheck vs. Anthony Johnson
- Paulo Thiago vs. Jacob Volkmann
- Luiz Cane vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
- Phil Baroni vs. Amir Sadollah
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
- Marcus Davis vs. Ben Saunders
- Kendall Grove vs. Jake Rosholt
PRELIMINARY CARD (non-televised)
- Brock Larson vs. Brian Foster
- Fabricio Camoes vs. Caol Uno
- Jason Dent vs. George Sotiropoulos
For complete UFC 106 coverage stay tuned to MMAFrenzy.com.