Hidehiko Yoshida ruined the anticipated debut of fellow Olympic Judo gold medalist Satoshi Ishii, topping the MMA newcomer by unanimous decision in MMA main event of Thursday’s 18-bout “Dynamite!! 2009” event at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan.
Regarded lightweight and DREAM champ Shinya Aoki earned a quick submission victory over Sengoku’s Mizuto Hirota, breaking his arm with a hammerlock in the opening-round before flipping off Hirota and the crowd before quickly leaving the ring.
In other notable MMA action, Ikuhisa Minowa upset Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou with a third-round TKO to win DREAM’s “Super Hulk” tourney and Gegard Mousasi and Alistair Overeem each earned first-round knockouts.
“Dynamite!! 2009” was capped off by an exciting K-1 rematch between Masato and Andy Souwer, with Masato earning a decision victory in the bout billed as his last.
The complete results for Dynamite!! 2009 were:
DYNAMITE!! 2009 MMA RESULTS
- Hidehiko Yoshida def. Satoshi Ishii via unanimous decision
- Shinya Aoki def. Mizuto Hirota via technical submission (hammerlock) – Round 1
- Gegard Mousasi def. Gary Goodridge via TKO (punches) – Round 1
- Alistair Overeem def. Kazuyuki Fujita via KO (knee) – Round 1
- Masanori Kanehara def. Norifumi “Kid” Yamamoto via unanimous decision
- Tatsuya Kawajiri def. Kazunori Yokota via unanimous decision
- Hideo Tokoro def. Jong Man Kim via unanimous decision
- Melvin Manhoef def. Kazuo Misaki via TKO (punches) – Round 1
- Akihiro Gono def. Hayato “Mach” Sakurai via submission (armbar) – Round 2
- Michihiro Omigawa def. Hiroyuki Takaya via TKO (punches) – Round 1
- Hiroshi Izumi def. Katsuyori Shibata via unanimous decision*
- Ikuhisa Minowa def. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou via TKO (punch) – Round 3
DREAM “Super Hulk” Finale
DYNAMITE!! 2009 K-1 RESULTS
- Masato def. Andy Souwer via unanimous decision
- Masaaki Noiri def. Shota Shimada via unanimous decision (K-1 KOSHIEN final)
- Ray Sefo def. Yosuke Nishijima via unanimous decision
- Shota Shimada def. Katsuki Ishida via majority decision (K-1 KOSHIEN semifinal)
- Masaaki Noiri def. Hiroya via unanimous decision (K-1 KOSHIEN semifinal)
- Tsukasa Fuji def. Ryuya Kusakabe (K-1 KOSHIEN reserve)