- Middleweight contender Demian Maia, who was recently tapped to replace an injured Vitor Belfort and fight champion Anderson Silva at UFC 112 in April, has been cleared for the fight after initially being medically suspended until August due to a cut suffered in his victory at UFC 109 earlier this month. [Yahoo]
- A matchup between Yoshihiro Akiyama and the winner of this weekend’s UFC 110 fight between Wanderlei Silva and Michael Bisping is likely to take place at UFC 115 on June 12 in Vancouver. [MMAjunkie]
- Sengoku’s upcoming SRC 12 event on March 7 in Tokyo, Japan continues to take shape, as the promotion has officially added Maximo Blanco vs. Chang Hyun Kim to the fight card.
- A previously-reported matchup between Ken Shamrock and Seth Petruzelli originally scheduled for March 6 in Cancun, Mexico is now slated to take place in May in the U.S.
- Japanese veteran Hidehiko Yoshida, who spoiled the debut of prospect Satoshi Ishii at Dynamite!! 2009, has announced that he will fight for the final time at “ASTRA” on April 25 in Tokyo.
- Middleweight Jake Rosholt is set to fight for the first time since being cut by the UFC in November, as he’ll take on one-time Bellator fighter Rudy Lindsey at a March 6 X-treme Fighting League event in Tulsa, Oklahoma. [MMAjunkie]
- Light heavyweight Antwain Britt, a castmember on The Ultimate Fighter 8, is being targeted to fight Aaron Rosa or Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante at Strikeforce’s April event on CBS. [MMA Fighting]
- A previously-reported bout between former WEC champ Paulo Filho and Kazushi Sakuraba in the works for Bitetti Combat 6 is off, and Filho has instead been booked to fight Yuki Sasaki at the February 25 event in Brazil. [Gracie Mag]
Pictured: Demian Maia