It wasn’t exciting and never neared a finish, but favorite Sarah Kaufman easily earned a unanimous decision over an outmatched Takayo Hashi in the main event of Strikeforce Challengers 6 on Friday in San Jose, California to become the promotion’s first-ever women’s welterweight (135-pound) champion.
The night’s co-headliner between Trevor Prangley and Karl Amoussou showed promise, but ultimately disappointed after an accidental eye poke late in the opening round rendered Amoussou unable to continue and the fight was ruled a technical draw.
Luke Rockhold, Tarec Saffiedine, and Yancy Medeiros also earned victories on the Showtime-televised main card, while Wayne Phillips won the lone professional bout on the event’s preliminary card.
The official Strikeforce Challengers 6 results were:
- Sarah Kaufman def. Takayo Hashi via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45)
- Karl Amoussou vs. Trevor Prangley – technical draw (accidental eye poke) – Round 1, 4:14
- Luke Rockhold def. Paul Bradley via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 2:24
- Tarec Saffiedine def. James Terry via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Yancy Medeiros def. Raul Castillo via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Wayne Phillips def. Eric Lawson via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 4:27
- Samuel Bracamnonte def. Chris Stewart via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 0:59*
- Tristan Arenal def. George Miller via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 0:30*
- Jesse Tobar def. Johnson Nguyen via submission (rear naked choke) – Round 2, 1:24*
- Renee Robinson def. Lilia Salas via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 1:06*
- Steve Dickey def. Alan Lummel via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 0:33*
- Ronald Carillo def. Anthony De Los Santos via submission (strikes) – Round 2, 1:20*
* Amateur fight
Pictured: Sarah Kaufman