The UFC will not host UFC 115 on June 12 in Vancouver as previously expected, after the promotion was unable to reach an agreement with the Canadian city regarding details of the event, according to the Canadian Press, which reports that the UFC is considering Cincinnati, Ohio as the new location for the card.
UFC 115 was expected to be headlined by a matchup between former light heavyweight champs and TUF 11 coaches Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz, but recent rumors suggested that former middleweight champ and Cincinnati-native Rich Franklin would replace Ortiz during the show and fight Liddell at the end of the season.
The event would be held at the 17,000-plus seat U.S. Bank Arena, which previously hosted UFC 77 in October 2007, headlined by Franklin vs. Anderson Silva.
The current rumored fight card for UFC 115 features:
- Chuck Liddell vs. Rich Franklin
- Patrick Barry vs. Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic
- Ben Rothwell vs. Gilbert Yvel
- Martin Kampmann vs. Paulo Thiago
- Evan Dunham vs. Tyson Griffin
- Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald
- Mac Danzig vs. Matt Wiman
- Jesse Lennox vs. Mike Pyle
- Peter Sobotta vs. James Wilks
- Claude Patrick vs. TBA
Pictured: Rich Franklin