Former WEC bantamweight champ Brian Bowles, who dropped the 135-pound title to Dominick Cruz on March 6 after suffering a broken hand in the WEC 47 headliner, told MMAFrenzy.com on Wednesday that the injury is healing faster than expected.
Bowles underwent surgery two weeks ago to repair his right hand, and told MMAFrenzy.com at last night’s UFC Fight Night 21 in Charlotte, North Carolina that, compared to two previous fractures in his left hand, his latest injury is healing much faster and that he’s looking forward to returning to action soon.
Prior to his loss to Cruz, Bowles (8-1) won the title with an upset first-round knockout of Miguel Torres in August, remaining undefeated with his fifth-straight WEC win.
While Bowles and Torres, who dropped his second-straight to Joseph Benavidez at WEC 47, have previously expressed interest in a rematch, it’s not yet clear if that’s in the promotion’s plans for Bowles when he returns to action later this year.
Pictured: Brian Bowles