UFC hall of famer and former light heavyweight champ Chuck Liddell will face former middleweight title-holder Rich Franklin, not rival Ultimate Fighter 10 coach Tito Ortiz, in the main event of “UFC 115: Liddell vs. Franklin” on June 12 in Vancouver.
The UFC today announced the complete fight card for the pay-per-view event, which takes place at the 19,000-seat GM Place, confirming rumors persistent rumors that began in early-March that Franklin would replace Ortiz on TUF 10 and meet Liddell at the end of the season.
The UFC 115 main card also officially includes Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic vs. Pat Barry, Paulo Thiago vs. Martin Kampmann, Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald, and Tyson Griffin vs. Evan Dunham, but a rematch between welterweight contenders Thiago Alves and Jon Fitch is still expected for the event and will likely bump Griffin-Dunham to the unaired prelims.
The complete UFC 115 fight card features:
- Chuck Liddell vs. Rich Franklin
- Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic vs. Pat Barry
- Paulo Thiago vs. Martin Kampmann
- Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald
- Tyson Griffin vs. Evan Dunham
- Mac Danzig vs. Matt Wiman
- Ben Rothwell vs. Gilbert Yvel
- James Wilks vs. Peter Sobotta
- Ricardo Funch vs. Claude Patrick
- Mike Pyle vs. Jesse Lennox
Pictured: Chuck Liddell