DREAM has reportedly canceled it’s planned light heavyweight grand prix, which had been scheduled to begin at DREAM 14 on May 29 in Saitama, Japan, though the eight-man tournament, which was expected to include Gegard Mousasi, Renato “Babalu” Sobral, and Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou, was never officially announced.
Headlined by Nick Diaz vs. Hayato Sakurai, DREAM 14, like October’s DREAM 12, will take place in a cage rather that a ring and will also use three, five-minute rounds.
The latest DREAM 14 lineup includes:
- Nick Diaz vs. Hayato Sakurai
- Marius Zaromskis (c) vs. TBA
DREAM Welterweight Championship
- Joachim Hansen vs. Hiroyuki Takaya
- Hideo Tokoro vs. Akiyo “Wicky” Nishiura
- Kazuyuki Miyatan vs. Takafumi Otsuka
Pictured: DREAM’s White Cage