UFC 116, headlined by a showdown between heavyweight champ Brock Lesnar and interim title-holder Shane Carwin, is now official for July 3 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, as the UFC formally announced the long-rumored pay-per-view card and main event on Tuesday.
Tickets for “UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin,” ranging from $100 to $1,000, go on sale to UFC Fight Club members on May 11, followed by a UFC newsletter presale on May 12, before finally going on sale to the general public on May 13, though tickets for the event are expected to sell out quickly.
Lesnar (4-1) hasn’t fought since scoring a second-round knockout of Frank Mir at UFC 100 last July, as he reamined sidelined with diverticulitis before finally declaring he was “100-percent recovered,” while Carwin improved to 12-0 with a first-round KO of Mir at UFC 111 in March.
The latest rumored fight card for UFC 116 features:
- Champ Brock Lesnar vs. Interim Champ Shane Carwin
UFC Heavyweight Championship Unification
- Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Wanderlei Silva
- Kurt Pellegrino vs. George Sotiropoulos
- Nate Marquardt vs. TBA
- Roy Nelson vs. TBA (possibly Frank Mir)
- Chris Lytle vs. Matt Brown
- Stephan Bonnar vs. Krzysztof Soszynski
- Kendall Grove vs. Goran Reljic
- Brendan Schaub vs. Chris Tuchscherer
- Karlos Vemola vs. Jon Madsen
- Daniel Roberts vs. Julio Paulino
Pictured: Brock Lesnar