Despite losing it’s scheduled main event between bantamweight champion Mike Easton and challenger Ryan Diaz when Diaz was sidelined at the last-minute with an infection, Ultimate Warrior Challenge’s “UWC 8: Judgment Day” went ahead as planned on Saturday in Fairfax, Virginia.
After coming up short in his bid for the UWC flyweight title in October, Greg Jackson-trained John Dodson bounced back with a unanimous decision over Jesse Riggleman in the new UWC 8 headliner.
The official “UWC 8: Judgment Day” results were:
- John Dodson def. Jesse Riggleman via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Timothy Woods def. Mike Seal via submission (rear naked choke) – Round 2, 3:35
- Ururahy Rodrigues def. Diego Brandoa via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Ron Stallings def. Joey Kirwan via submission (triangle choke) – Round 2, 0:52
- Dustin Pague def. Justin Hickey via TKO – Round 1, 0:54
- Valerie Coolbaugh def. Iman Achhal via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Jason David Frank def. Carlos Horn via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 0:24
- Jeremy Carper def. Caleb Macalister via submission (armbar) – Round 2, 3:00
- Scott Heckman def. Matt Brannon via submission (anaconda choke) – Round 2, 1:36
Pictured: John Dodson