Former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Renato “Babalu” Sobral earned a unanimous decision over middleweight contender Robbie Lawler on Wednesday in a 195-pound catchweight matchup that headlined “Strikeforce: Los Angeles”.
Also on the Showtime-televised card, Evangelista “Cyborg” Santos made his welterweight debut with a first-round knockout of DREAM champ Marius Zaromskis, Tim Kennedy choked out fellow middleweight Trevor Prangley in the opening round, and KJ Noons claimed a split decision over Conor Heun.
The official “Strikeforce: Los Angeles” results were:
- Renato “Babalu” Sobral def. Robbie Lawler via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Evangelista “Cyborg” Santos def. Marius Zaramoskis via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 2:38
- Tim Kennedy def. Trevor Prangley via submission (rear naked choke) – Round 1, 3:35
- KJ Noons def. Conor Heun via split decision (27-30, 29-28, 29-28)
- Jeremy Umphries def. RJ Clifford via technical submission (rear naked choke) – Round 2, 2:27
- Hugo Sandoval def. Marcus Kowal via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 0:43
Pictured: Renato “Babalu” Sobral