Takanori Gomi was the top earner at Sunday’s UFC on Versus 2 event in San Diego, scoring $80,000 for his 64-second knockout of fellow lightweight Tyson Griffin on the event’s main card, according to figures released Thursday by the California State Athletic Commission to MMAjunkie.
Rising light heavyweight Jon Jones earned $46,000 for his first-round TKO of veteran Vladimir Matyushenko in the UFC on Versus 2 main event, while middleweight contender Yushin Okami also pocketed $46,000 for his split decision over Mark Munoz in the card’s co-headliner.
The total disclosed payroll for the event was $480,000.
The official UFC on Versus 2 fighter salaries were:
- Jon Jones: $46,000 ($23,000 win bonus) def. Vladimir Matyushenko: $31,000
- Yushin Okami: $46,000 ($23,000 win bonus) def. Mark Munoz: $22,000
- Jake Ellenberger: $24,000 ($12,000 win bonus) def. John Howard: $15,000
- Takanori Gomi: $80,000 ($40,000 win bonus) def. Tyson Griffin: $30,000
- Jacob Volkmann: $20,000 ($10,000 win bonus) def. Paul Kelly: $17,000
- Matt Riddle: $24,000 ($12,000 win bonus) def. DaMarques Johnson: $10,000
- Igor Pokrajac: $12,000 ($6,000 win bonus) def. James Irvin: $20,000
- Brian Stann: $34,000 ($17,000 win bonus) def. Mike Massenzio: $5,000
- Charles Oliveira: $12,000 ($6,000 win bonus) def. Darren Elkins: $8000
- Rob Kimmons: $18,000 ($9,000 win bonus) def. Steve Steinbeiss: $6,000
In addition to the salaries listed above, which are simply those disclosed by the UFC to the athletic commission and not representative of a fighter’s total earnings, Gomi, Oliveira, Stann, and Massenzio each earned $40,000 “fight night” bonuses for their performances at UFC on Versus 2.
Pictured: Takanori Gomi