Gegard Mousasi was crowned DREAM’s first-ever light heavyweight champion on Saturday, as the former middleweight title-holder scored a first-round submission of Tatsuya Mizuno in the main event of DREAM.16 in Nagoya, Japan.
Jason “Mayhem” Miller submitted Japanese legend Kazushi Sakuraba in the opening-round of the card’s co-headliner, while lightweight champ Shinya Aoki, Satoshi Ishii, Hiroyuki Takaya, Michihiro Omigawa, and Joachim Hansen were also among the night’s winners.
The complete DREAM.16 results were:
- Gegard Mousasi def. Tatsuya Mizuno via submission (rear naked choke) – Round 1, 6:10
DREAM Light Heavyweight Championship
- Jason “Mayhem” Miller def. Kazushi Sakuraba via submission (arm-triangle choke) – Round 1, 2:09
- Shinya Aoki def. Marcus Aurelio via unanimous decision
- Satoshi Ishii def. Ikuhisa Minowa via unanimous decision
- Hiroyuki Takaya def. Chase Beebe via KO (punches) R1, 1:45
- Michihiro Omigawa def. Cole Escovedo via submission (reverse armbar) – Round 1, 2:30
- Joachim Hansen def. Hideo Tokoro via submission (triangle choke) – Round 1, 2:48
- Kazuyuki Miyata def. Takeshi Inoue via unanimous decision
- Mitsuhiro Ishida def. Akiyo Nishiura via split decision
- Yusuke Kawaguchi def. James Thompson via split decision