- All UFC 121, UFC 122, and Strikeforce Challengers 11 fighters tested clean for drugs of abuse and PEDs.
- After a match-up with Jason “Mayhem” Miller fell through earlier this week, Caesar Gracie is pursuing an early 2011 match-up between his client Nick Diaz and Paul Daley.
- Champ Dominick Cruz will undergo surgery on his hand that will sideline him 4 to 6 months after fighting Scott Jorgensen later this month for the UFC bantamweight title.
- Saturday’s UFC 124 at Montreal’s Bell Centre is expected to set attendance and live gate records that will be broken by the recently-announced UFC 133 in April in Toronto.
- World Victory Road has announced four new fights for their December 30 “Soul of the Fight” card. The fights include a featherweight championship fight between WVR champion Marlon Sandro and Shooto champion Hatsu Hioki.
- A rumored match up between aging veteran Kazushi Sakuraba and Marius Zaromskis has been confirmed for K-1/DREAMS’s New Year’s Eve Dynamite!! card and will be for the DREAM welterweight title.
- While NSAC excutive director Keith Kizer was “shocked” when the scores for Phan-Garcia were announced, he took exception with the UFC’s Joe Rogan’s criticism that he needed to completely clean house, stating: “Tell that to (UFC Vice President of Regulatory Affairs) Marc Ratner next time he’s in Germany or England and has 90 percent of his judges from the Nevada athletic commission,” Kizer said. “You can argue accurately and honestly, or you can argue and … you can try to skew the facts. Unfortunately, some people take the easy way out.”
- Brazilian authorities have released Maiquel Falcao and have issued him 18-months of probation in connection with his 2002 assault charge. The probation is not expected to affect his UFC career.
- According to MMAJunkie.com, Featherweight Norifumi “Kid” Yamamoto is reportedly in contract negotiations with the UFC. It could be awhile before anything is official though as he still has two fights left on his K-1 contract.
Pictured: Paul Daley