An intense staredown between UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva and challenger Vitor Belfort capped of Friday’s UFC 126 weigh-ins, as the card made weight for tomorrow’s pay-per-view event in Las Vegas.
After both tipping the scale at the middleweight limit of 185-pounds, Silva briefly dawned a white mask and got in Belfort’s face before removing and continuing to trade trash talk before eventually being separated.
Former champion Rich Franklin and Forrest Griffin successfully weighed in for their co-headliner, while another intense staredown followed light heavyweight contenders Jon Jones and Ryan Bader making weight.
Mike Pierce was the only fighter who struggled to make weight, initially weighing in at 172 pounds before dropping to 171 on a second attempt.
The UFC 126 weigh-in results were:
MAIN CARD (pay-per-view)
- Champ Anderson Silva (185) vs. Vitor Belfort (185)
UFC Middleweight Championship
- Forrest Griffin (205) vs. Rich Franklin (203)
- Jon Jones (206) vs. Ryan Bader (205)
- Jake Ellenberger (171) vs. Carlos Eduardo Rocha (170)
- Miguel Torres (136) vs. Antonio Banuelos (136)
- Paul Kelly (155) vs. Donald Cerrone (155) (Spike TV)
- Chad Mendes (146) vs. Michihiro Omigawa (146) (Spike TV)
- Demetrious Johnson (136) vs. Norifumi “Kid” Yamamoto (135) (Facebook)
- Gabe Ruediger (155) vs. Paul Taylor (156)
- Kyle Kingsbury (205) vs. Ricardo Romero (205)
- Mike Pierce (171)* vs. Kenny Robertson (170)
* Pierce weighed in at 172 on his first attempt, but later made weight at 171