UFC middleweight champ Anderson Silva scored $200,000, along with a $75,000 bonus, for his first-round knockout of Belfort in UFC 126’s main event, while other top earners included Jon Jones ($140K) and Rich Franklin ($75K).
UFC 126 reportedly drew 10,893 fans to the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas for a live gate of $3.6 million.
The official UFC 126 fighter salaries were:
- Champ Anderson Silva: $200,000 (no win bonus) def. Vitor Belfort: $275,000
- Forrest Griffin: $275,000 (includes $150,000 win bonus) def. Rich Franklin: $75,000
- Jon Jones: $140,000 ($70,000 win bonus) def. Ryan Bader: $20,000
- Jake Ellenberger: $32,000 ($16,000 win bonus) def. Carlos Eduardo Rocha: $8,000
- Miguel Torres: $56,000 ($28,000 win bonus) def. Antonio Banuelos: $9,000
- Donald Cerrone: $36,000 ($18,000 win bonus) def. Paul Kelly: $19,000
- Chad Mendes: $19,000 ($9,500 win bonus) def. Michihiro Omigawa: $8,000
- Demetrious Johnson: $10,000 ($5,000 win bonus) def. Kid Yamamoto: $15,000
- Paul Taylor: $36,000 ($18,000 win bonus) def. Gabe Ruediger: $8,000
- Kyle Kingsbury: $20,000 ($10,000 win bonus) def. Ricardo Romero: $10,000
- Mike Pierce: $28,000 ($14,000 win bonus) def. Kenny Robertson: $6,000
In addition to the salaries listed above, which are simply what the UFC is required to disclose to the athletic commission and not representative of a fighter’s total earnings, Silva, Jones, Cerrone, and Kelly each earned $75,000 bonuses.
Pictured: Vitor Belfort