At Wednesday’s pre-fight press conference for UFC 130, UFC President Dana White offered updates on some of the promotion’s top fighters, including champions Georges St-Pierre, Jon Jones, and Frankie Edgar, as well as Brock Lesnar, Mirko Cro Cop, and Anthony Pettis:
- Welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre won’t be fighting at December’s UFC 140 in Montreal and his next challenger has not been determined, with Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz still a possibility.
- Light heavyweight champ Jon Jones will face Quinton “Rampage” Jackson or Lyoto Machida, not rival Rashad Evans, in his first title defense this fall.
- Brock Lesnar will learn more on Thursday about his recovery from diverticulitis that forced him off UFC 131, but the former heavyweight champ could return as early as January.
- Despite back-to-back KO losses, heavyweight Mirko Cro Cop has decided against retirement and will get at least one more fight in the UFC.
- If he gets past Clay Guida at June’s TUF 13 Finale, former WEC champ Antony Pettis will likely need one more win to earn a shot at the winner of lightweight champ Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard, which will take place as soon as both fighters recover from injuries that scrapped the third meeting from UFC 130.