Demetrious Johnson edged former bantamweight champ Miguel Torres by unanimous decision in an exciting grappling battle that capped off the preliminary card at Saturday’s “UFC 130: Rampage vs. Hamill” event in Las Vegas.
In the other featured prelim on Spike, Tim Boetsch dominated The Ultimate Fighter 3 winner Kendall Grove to earn a unanimous decision in his middleweight debut.
Gleison Tibau scored the lone finish of the preliminary card with a second-round rear naked choke of fellow lightweight Rafaello Oliveira, while Michael McDonald edged Chris Cariaso and Renan Barao topped Cole Escovedo in bantamweight bouts.
The official UFC 131 preliminary results were:
- Demetrious Johnson def. Miguel Torres via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Tim Boetsch def. Kendall Grove via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Gleison Tibau def. Rafaello Oliveira via submission (rear naked choke) – Round 2, 3:28
- Michael McDonald def. Chris Cariaso via split decision (27-30, 29-28, 29-28)
- Renan Barao def. Cole Escovedo via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
For complete UFC 130 coverage stay tuned to MMAFrenzy.com.