- UFC President Dana White says they’ve made no decision on what’s next for top welterweights BJ Penn, Jake Shields, and Jon Fitch, but Penn and Shields could return in September or October, possibly against eachother [MMA Weekly]
- The Ultimate Fighter 14 will feature 32 fighters split between featherweight and bantamweight who will have to earn their way into the “TUF” house in the returning elimination round, but the upcoming season coached by middleweights Michael Bisping and Jason “Mayhem” Miller won’t include a wild card bout.
- At Thursday’s press conference for “UFC 134: Rio,” White said the winner of an Aug. 27 heavyweight fight between Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Brendan Schaub would be “in the mix” for a title shot.
- Rumors are building that the UFC could match up rising middleweights Mark Munoz and Brian Stann [MMA Weekly]
- Nearly 17,000 tickets are now on sale for the UFC’s return to Brazil with UFC 134 on Aug. 27 in Rio de Janeiro, which is headlined by rematches between middleweight champion Anderson Silva and Yushin Okami and former light heavyweight champs Forrest Griffin and Mauricio “Shogun” Rua.
- Nevada will resume out-of-competition drug tests for fighters competing in the state now that the program has new funding after a lack of money halted the tests earlier this year.
- DREAM 17 on July 16 has added former UFC heavyweight Todd Duffee vs. Nick Gaston, Kenji Osawa vs. Keisuke Fujiwara for third-place in DREAM’s Japan bantamweight grand prix, and lightweights Eiji Mitsuoka vs. Bruno Carvalho.
- Rafaello Oliveira will be dropping to featherweight to get another chance in the UFC after suffering a second-round submission to lightweight Gleison Tibau in his return to the Octagon last month at UFC 130 [Tatame]
- Saturday’s UFC 131 prelims on Spike TV rebounded with 1.6 million viewers, the third-highest in the history of the series and up from 1.3 million for UFC 130’s prelims last month
- Strikeforce’s Las Vegas debut with Strikeforce Challengers 17 on July 22 is nearly complete, as Lavar Johnson vs. Devin Cole and Adlan Amagov vs. Ronald Stallings have joined Roger Bowling vs. Bobby Voelker and Sarah Kaufman vs. Liz Carmouche on the Showtime-televised card. Meanwhile, Antwain Britt vs. Danillo Villefort has been scrapped from Strikeforce Challengers 16 on June 24
UFC on FOX 26 Primer: Mike Perry vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio – Watch the “Road to the Octagon” Vid