The odds have started to roll out for UFC 70 on all of the internet betting sites and that means its time to put your money on the line in hopes of a big payout. This event hasn’t given us much to be excited over betting wise as most of the fighters seem like locks to win their fights and the odds reflect that. Keep in mind though that no bet is guaranteed (just ask GSP). Anyways onto my “Best Bets” for UFC 70:
- Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic (-500) – Although he is a big favorite in this bout I have to put some money on him winning this fight to earn his title shot. -500 is a bit steep (other sites are a bit lower) but this appears to be one of the safest bets for the event.
- Michael Bisping (-525) – Along the same lines as “Cro Cop” Bisping is another big favorite with litte down side except his line. Bisping will be a hometown fighter going against Elvis Sinosic who has failed to show he has what it takes to top Bisping. This is another safe bet.
- Lyoto Machida (-350) – Well we’re starting to creep down the ladder a bit and although Machida is still a big favorite he can give you a little extra bang for every buck you put on him.
- Andre Arlovski (-120) – The closest line for the event goes to Arlovski vs. Fabricio Werdum (-110). This fight is essentially a coin flip betting wise so make your pick but with a potential title shot against “Cro Cop”/Couture hinging on his win I’m taking Arlovski.
- Cheick Kongo (+210) – My underdog play for the night will be on Kongo who looked impressive in 2 of his last 3 fights earning stoppages in the first round in both. His most recent fight at UFC 64 was not impressive as Kongo fell via unanimous decision but look for Kongo to rebound this Saturday.
The majority of the undercard bouts are so close that a bet simply doesn’t make sense. My opinion: take an underdog (Kongo), pick your favorite of Arlovski and Werdum, and bet on the favorites of “Cro Cop”, Bisping, and Machida.