– There are rumors floating that a U.K. version of The Ultimate Fighter is in the works. A quick search also reveals that versions for Mexico with the UFC and Japan for Pride may also be in the works. I like the shows but how sustainable is this model. Eventually the UFC will run out of events to add TUF contestants to. Guess we’ll wait and see.
– Dana White reiterated in post-UFC 70 interviews that the UFC is planning on going to Canada although the event is indefinately on hold, likely until GSP reclaims the welterweight title (assuming this happens). The event is slated to be held at the Bell Centre in Montreal. (source)
– Also, it is now confirmed that GSP will face Josh Koscheck in a “tune up” bout before he could get another shot at the welterweight title. This will be far from an easy bout and although GSP is the favorite a win by Kos would set him up for a title bout as well against the winner of Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra. (source)
– It is currently rumored that the UFC will be returning to the U.K. before years end. The event is slated to be in London in September. This may mean that UFC 75, which is currently rumored for September may be held in London or a UFC Fight Night event may instead be held in London. We are still likely a few months away from anything more solid than simple speculation about what event this will be and when certain events will happen but I will be sure to pass along any news I uncover.
– Mike Swick has told Sam Caplan that he will indeed be dropping to welterweight after weighing in extremely light for his bout against Yushin Okami at UFC 69 where he competed as a middleweight