The Ohio Athletic Commission has released the official fighter salaries and medical suspensions from Saturday’s “Strikeforce: Heavyweight Grand Prix Semifinals” event, which saw Josh Barnett and Daniel Cormier advance to the finals of the Strikeforce tournament, while Luke Rockhold dethroned middleweight champ Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza.
Barnett topped the event’s $942,000 payroll with $150,000, while Cormier and fellow heavyweight semifinalists Sergei Kharitonov and Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva each earned $100,000.
Five fighters received medical suspensions ranging from 30 to 60 days, but Cormier wasn’t among them despite injuring his hand in a first-round knockout of Silva. It is not yet known how serious the injury is or whether it will prevent him from facing Barnett in the Grand Prix finals slated for early next year.
The official Strikeforce salaries (via MMAjunkie) were:
- Josh Barnett: $150,000 (no win bonus) def. Sergei Kharitonov: $100,000
- Daniel Cormier: $100,000 (includes $50,000 win bonus) def. Antonio Silva: $100,000
- Luke Rockhold: $50,000 (includes $25,000 win bonus) def. Ronaldo Souza: $70,000
- Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal: $85,000 (no win bonus) def. Roger Gracie: $80,000
- Pat Healy: $17,500 (includes $5,000 win bonus) def. Maximo Blanco: $13,000
- Mike Kyle: $44,000 (includes $22,000 win bonus) def. Marcos Rogerio de Lima: $5,000
- Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante: $60,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus) def. Yoel Romero: $10,000
- Jordan Mein: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus) def. Evangelista “Cyborg” Santos: $20,000
- Alexis Davis: $6,000 (includes $3,000 win bonus) def. Amanda Nunes: $7,500
- Dominique Steele: $5,000 (includes $2,000 win bonus) def. Chris Mierzwiak: $3,000
The Strikeforce medical suspensions included:
- Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva: Suspended 60 days for precautionary reasons after (T)KO loss
- Roger Gracie: Suspended 60 days for precautionary reasons after (T)KO loss
- Yoel Romero: Suspended 60 days for precautionary reasons after (T)KO loss
- Evangelista “Cyborg” Santos: Suspended 30 days for precautionary reasons after (T)KO loss
- Amanda Nunes: Suspended 30 days for precautionary reasons after (T)KO loss
For the latest Strikeforce news stay tuned to MMAFrenzy.com.
Pictured: Josh Barnett