DREAM 17 took place earlier today in Saitama, Japan, where DREAM lightweight champion Shinya Aoki scored his sixth-straight win with a first-round neck crank submission of former WEC title-holder Rob McCullough.
Other notable results included Tatsuya Kawajiri def. Joachim Hansen via third-round submission, Takeshi Inoue def. Caol Uno via first-round head kick KO, and Yan Cabral def. Kazushi Sakuraba via first-round submission.
Also on the card, Antonio Banuelos, Bibiano Fernandes, Masakazu Imanari, and Rodolfo Marques advanced to the Bantamweight Grand Prix semifinals.
The complete DREAM 17 results were:
- Shinya Aoki def. Rob McCullough via submission (neck crank) – Round 1
- Tatsuya Kawajiri def. Joachim Hansen via submission (arm-triangle) – Round 3
- Takeshi Inoue def. Caol Uno via KO (head kick) – Round 1
- Yan Cabral def. Kazushi Sakuraba via submission (arm-triangle) – Round 1
- Satoru Kitaoka def. Willamy Freire via split decision
- Gerald Harris def. Kazuhiro Nakamura via split decision
- Ikuhisa Minowa def. Baru Harn via submission (scarf hold) – Round 1
Bantamweight Grand Prix Quarterfinals
- Antonio Banuelos def. Hideo Tokoro via split decision
- Bibiano Fernandes def. Takafumi Otuska via submission (rear naked choke) – Round 1
- Masakazu Imanari def. Abel Cullum via submission (armbar) – Round 3
- Rodolfo Marques def. Yusup Saadulaev via unanimous decision
Pictured: Shinya Aoki