The Nevada State Athletic Commission has released the official fighter salaries for UFC 84 “Ill Will”. The 11-bout pay-per-event took place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday, May 24th.
Each of the event’s winning fighters, excluding Wanderlei Silva, received a win bonus equal to their “to show” salary. Silva did not have a win bonus and instead received a flat salary.
The top paid fighters for the event were UFC Lightweight Champion BJ Penn ($250,000), Tito Ortiz ($210,000), Silva ($150,000), Lyoto Machida ($100,000), and Rameau Sokoudjou ($80,000).
UFC 84 FIGHTER SALARIES
- BJ Penn ($250,000) def. Sean Sherk ($35,000)
- Wanderlei Silva (150,000) def. Keith Jardine ($10,000)
- Goran Reljic ($6,000) def. Wilson Gouveia ($18,000)
- Lyoto Machida ($100,000) def. Tito Ortiz ($210,000)
- Thiago Silva ($50,000) def. Antonio Mendes ($4,000)
- Rousimar Palhares ($10,000) def. Ivan Salaverry ($20,000)
- Rameau Sokoudjou ($80,000) def. Kazuhiro Nakamura ($20,000)
- Rich Clementi ($40,000) def. Terry Etim ($10,000)
- Yoshiyuki Yoshida ($12,000) def. Jon Koppenhaver ($8,000)
- Dong Hyun Kim ($40,000) def. Jason Tan ($3,000)
- Shane Carwin ($12,000) def. Christian Wellisch ($10,000)
Remember, the official salaries reported to the athletic commission do not include bonuses, sponsorhips, or fees.
The official payroll for the event was $1.098 million.
For more on UFC 84 click here.