In the main event of American Fight League’s “Bulletproof” event last night at the Phillips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia in front of an estimated crowd of 6,000-plus, Brent Weedman defeated Douglas Lima via second-round armbar to capture the AFL welterweight title.
The championship bout was just one of three title bouts on the fight card but it was two major signings announced by the upstart promotion that are truly making headlines.
Former WWE professional wrestler Bobby Lashley and top women’s MMA fight Tara LaRosa have both signed with the AFL and will be in action on the promotion’s October PPV card. Their opponents for the event have not yet been announced.
In other notable bouts UFC veteran Diego Saravia defeated challenger Josh Cate via first-round TKO to retain his AFL lightweight title, George Lockhart defeated George Allen to win the AFL middleweight championship, Torrance Taylor upset UFC vet Junior Assuncao via unanimous decision, and UFC veteran Dan Christison n submitted opponent Sam Holloway 50-seconds into the opening round.
AFL “BULLETPROOF” RESULTS
- rent Weedman def. Douglas Lima via submission – Round 2, 4:39
- Torrance Taylor def. Junior Assuncao via unanimous decision
- Diego Saraiva def. Josh Cate via TKO – Round 1, 1:34
- George Lockhart def. George Allen via unanimous decision
- Dan Christison def. Sam Holloway via submission – Round 1, 0:50
- Ethan Garrison def. Willie Smalls via submission – Round 1, 4:38
- David Curby def. Robi Ramey via TKO – Round 3, 3:10