All 22 fighters successfully weighed in today for Saturday’s UFC 136 event, including UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar and challenger Gray Maynard, whose third meeting headlines the pay-per-view event in Houston, Texas.
Edgar had a half-pound to spare as he weighed in at 154.5 pounds, while Maynard tipped the scale right at the 155-pound limit.
UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo and Kenny Florian both weighed in at 145 pounds for UFC 136’s co-main event, while middleweight contenders Chael Sonnen and Brian Stann weighed in at 185.5 and 186 respectively.
Stann and preliminary card featherweight Tiequan Zhang both had to lose their shorts to make weight after each coming in a half-pound over on their first attempts.
- Frankie Edgar (c) (154.5) vs. Gray Maynard (155)
UFC Lightweight Championship
- Jose Aldo (c) (145) vs. Kenny Florian (145)
UFC Featherweight Championship
- Chael Sonnen (185.5) vs. Brian Stann (186)
- Leonard Garcia (145) vs. Nam Phan (145)
- Melvin Guillard (155.5) vs. Joe Lauzon (155.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
- Demian Maia (185) vs. Jorge Santiago (185)
- Anthony Pettis (154.5) vs. Jeremy Stephens (156)
- Joey Beltran (245) vs. Stipe Miocic (236)
- Tiequan Zhang (146) and Darren Elkins (145)
- Aaron Simpson (186) vs. Eric Schafer (185.5)
- Steve Cantwell (186) vs. Mike Massenzio (185)
Pictured: Frankie Edgar