Following this past Saturday’s UFC 136 event in Houston, the Texas athletic commission has issued medical suspensions to five fighters, including UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar and fellow headliner Gray Maynard, according to MMAjunkie.
Maynard received the longest suspension at 60 days after his fourth-round TKO at the hands of Edgar, who was suspended 45 days after nearly being knocked out himself in the opening round of the rematch.
Also suspended were Leonard Garcia (45 days), Eric Schafer (30 days), and Mike Massenzio (45 days).
UFC 136 fight salaries will not be released, but the event drew a sellout crowd of 16,164 to the Toyota Center in Houston for a live gate of $2.3 million, while Edgar, Joe Lauzon, Leonard Garcia, and Nam Phan earned $75,000 bonuses.
Check out the links below for MMAFrenzy.com’s complete UFC 136 coverage:
- Kenny Florian Plans to Take Time Off Following UFC 136 Loss to Jose Aldo
- UFC 136 Videos: Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard, Aldo vs. Florian Highlights
- UFC 136 Bonuses: Edgar, Lauzon, Phan, and Garcia Earn $75K Awards
- UFC 136 Results: Frankie Edgar Comes Back to KO Gray Maynard, Retain Lightweight Title
- UFC 136 Results: Jose Aldo Retains Featherweight Title Over Kenny Florian
- UFC 136 Results: Sonnen Submits Stann, Lauzon Stuns Guillard, Phan Outpoints Garcia
- UFC 136 Preliminary Card Results: Demian Maia, Anthony Pettis Among Decision Winners
- UFC 136 Results, Recaps, and Play-by-Play for “Edgar vs. Maynard”
Pictured: Edgar and Maynard