M-1 Challenge 27, M-1 Global’s latest Showtime-televised event, took place on Friday night in Phoenix, Arizona and featured The Ultimate Fighter 8 runner-up Vinny Magalhaes retaining his light heavyweight title with a third-round TKO of Mikhail Zayats.
The card got off to a fast start with three first-round submissions taking just 2:45 combined, but an interim heavyweight title fight brought the momentum to a halt before Kenny Garner finally stopped Maxim Grishin with less than a minute to go in the fifth and final round.
The official M-1 Challenge 27 results were:
- Vinny Magalhaes def. Mikhail Zayats via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 1:13 – to retain light heavyweight title
- Kenny Garner def. Maxim Grishin via submission (strikes) – Round 5, 4:07 – to win interim heavyweight title
- Arthur Guseinov def. Eddie Arizmendi via submission (heel hook) – Round 1, 0:50
- Yasubey Enomoto def. Josh Thorpe via submission (triangle) – Round 1, 1:07
- Daniel Madrid def. Tom Gallicchio via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 0:48