Headliners Mauricio “Shogun” Rua and Dan Henderson successfully made weight at 205 and 203 pounds respectively, but preliminary fighters Miguel Torres, Nick Pace, and Shamar Bailey missed weight on their first attempts. Torres managed to get down to 136 pounds to avoid any penalties, but Shamar Bailey (2 pounds over) and Nick Pace (5 pounds over) will lose 20% of their salaries.
Joe Rogan announced to the crowd that the scale that fighters were using backstage was showing different results than the one used on the official scale on the main stage. Following the announcement, the weigh-ins went without a hitch, as every fighter from then on made weight.
The highlight of the weigh-ins was Tom Lawlor walking out as Steven Seagal. That is not to take away from Kyle Kingsbury walking out with purple sweatpants, gold undershorts, and a fanny pack.
The UFC 139 weigh-ins took place at the HP Pavilion, which also hosts tomorrow’s event. The preliminary card begins around 5:30pm ET on Facebook before moving to Spike TV for the final pair of prelims at 8pm. The main card then airs live on pay-per-view starting at 9pm ET, and also features Wanderlei Silva vs. Cung Le and Urijah Faber vs. Cung Le.
The official UFC 139 weigh-in results were:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view – 9pm ET)
- Shogun Rua (205) vs. Dan Henderson (203)
- Wanderlei Silva (185) vs. Cung Le (185)
- Brian Bowles (136) vs. Urijah Faber (136)
- Rick Story (170.5) vs. Martin Kampmann (170.5)
- Kyle Kingsbury (205) vs. Stephan Bonnar (205)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV – 8pm ET, Facebook – 5:30pm ET)
- Jason Brilz (204) vs. Ryan Bader (205)
- Alex Soto (135) vs. Michael McDonald (136)
- Chris Weidman (185.5) vs. Tom Lawlor (185)
- Rafael dos Anjos (155.5) vs. Gleison Tibau (155)
- Miguel Torres (136) vs. Nick Pace (141 )
- Matt Brown (171) vs. Seth Baczynski (171)
- Danny Castillo (155) vs. Shamar Bailey (158)