In Spike-televised prelims, The Ultimate Fighter 9 winner Ross Pearson made his featherweight debut with a unanimous decision over Junior Assuncao, while Danny Castillo narrowly outpointed fellow WEC veteran Anthony Njokuani by split decision.
On the Facebook prelims, Dong Hyun Kim dominated Sean Pierson, Jacob Volkmann survived a last-minute submission to top a returning Efrain Escudero, and Diego Nunes edged rival Manny Gamburyan.
The official UFC 141 preliminary card results were:
- Ross Pearson def. Junior Assuncao via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Danny Castillo def. Anthony Njokuani via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Dong Hyun Kim def. Sean Pierson via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jacob Volkmann def. Efrain Escudero via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Diego Nunes def. Manny Gamburyan via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Pictured: Ross Pearson