Former welterweight Anthony Johnson missed weight by 11 pounds at the UFC 142 weigh-ins on Friday for what was to be his middleweight debut against Vitor Belfort in the co-main event of UFC 142 on Saturday in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The fight will still take place at a catchweight, with Johnson required to weigh no more than 205 pounds tomorrow night and Belfort receiving 20% of his purse.
UFC 142’s headliners didn’t have trouble making weight, as UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo weighed in at 145 and challenger Chad Mendes tipped the scale at 144 to make the main event official.
The rest of the UFC 142 card also made weight on their first attempts.
The UFC 142 weigh-in results were:
MAIN CARD (PPV)
- Jose Aldo (c) (145) vs. Chad Mendes (144)
UFC Featherweight Championship
- Vitor Belfort (186) vs. Anthony Johnson (197)*
- Rousimar Palhares (186) vs. Mike Massenzio (184)
- Erick Silva (169) vs. Carlo Prater (170)
- Edson Barboza (154) vs. Terry Etim (155)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)
- Thiago Tavares (155) vs. Sam Stout (155)
- Gabriel Gonzaga (250) vs. Edinaldo Oliveira (229)
- Yuri Alcantara (145) vs. Michihiro Omigawa (146)
- Ricardo Funch (170) vs. Mike Pyle (171)
- Felipe Arantes (145) vs. Antonio Carvalho (144)