In the main event, Chan Sung Jung(aka the “Korean Zombie”) submitted Dustin Poirier after an exciting fight. In other main card action, Amir Sadollah, Donald Cerrone, Yves Jabouin, Igor Pokrajac, and Tom Lawlor all notched wins.
Jung Stops Poirier
Chan Sung Jung and Dustin Poirier engaged in a brutal, and fast paced, battle Tuesday night. Both fighters had their movements in the bout and it appeared that Jung was fading in the third round as he became wilder with his strikes and appeared like his less technical “zombie” early days.
Unfortunately for Poirier, Jung was far from dead and pounced on the Louisiana native with a wicked uppercut and flying knee in the fourth. A dazed Poirier tried to recover with a takedown but Jung sprawled perfectly and secured a fight-ending D’arce choke.
After the fight, Jung thanked the Korean fans in the arena and stated he would like a shot at Jose Aldo’s featherweight crown.
Cerrone cruises past Stephens
In a fight that even UFC President Dana White (who missed his first fight in 11 years due to illness) admitted should have been the co-main event, Donald Cerrone was on top of his game against Jeremy Stephens.
Cerrone used excellent footwork to do damage to Stephens from all angles. Stephens tried his best in the bout but was just unable to do anything as Cerrone fought one of the most complete fights of his career.
Lawlor drops MacDonald on Birthday
Tom Lawlor made sure everyone knew it was his birthday Tuesday night and he may have given himself the best birthday present of all as he earned knockout of the night. Lawlor dropped Jason MacDonald after a nice punch stunned the Canadian and a follow up punch sent MacDonald to the canvas.
MacDonald had been hoping to stay with the UFC and possibly retire after the UFC 149 takes place in Calgary, but that possibility looks slim after his flash KO loss.
Main Card (Fuel TV)
- Chan Sung Jung def. Dustin Poirier via technical submission (D’arce choke) at 1:07 of Round 4
- Amir Sadollah def. Jorge Lopez via split decision (29-28,28-29,29-28)
- Donald Cerrone def. Jeremy Stephens via unanimous decision (30-27,30-27,30-27)
- Yves Jabouin def. Jeff Hougland via unanimous decision (30-27,30-26,30-27)
- Igor Pokrajac def. Fabio Maldonado via unanimous decision (29-28,30-27,29-28)
- Tom Lawlor def. Jason MacDonald via KO (punch) at 0:50 of Round 1
Preliminary Card (Facebook)
- Brad Tavares def. Dongi Yang via unanimous decision (29-28,29-28,29-28)
- Cody McKenzie def. Marcus LeVesseur via submission (guillotine choke) at 3:05 of Round 1
- T.J. Grant def. Carlo Prater via unanimous decision (30-27,30-27,30-27)
- Rafael Dos Anjos def. Kamal Shalorus via submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:40 of Round 1
- Johnny Eduardo def. Jeff Curran via unanimous decision (29-28,29-28,29-28)
- Francisco Rivera def. Alex Soto via unanimous decision (30-27,30-27,30-27)