Today at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California, all of the fighters competing on tomorrow night’s Strikeforce: Grand Prix Finale fight card tipped the scales to weigh in for their respective bouts.
All of the fighters made weight without issue.
Tomorrow night’s fight card will also take place from the HP Pavilion and will see Josh Barnett and Daniel Cormier do battle to conclude the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix. Also on the card, Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez will attempt to defend his belt against Josh Thomson in a rubber match.
You can check out the full weigh-in results below:
Main Card (Showtime)
- Josh Barnett (248) vs. Daniel Cormier (238)
- Champ Gilbert Melendez (153) vs. Josh Thomson (153)
- Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante (206) vs. Mike Kyle (203)
- Nah-Shon Burrell (170) vs. Chris Spang (169)
Preliminary Card (Showtime Extreme)
- Gesias “JZ” Cavalcante (156) vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg (156)
- Virgil Zwicker (204) vs. Guto Inocente (205)
- Derrick Mehmen (205) vs. Gian Villante (205)
- Quinn Mulhern (170) vs. Yuri Villefort (170)
- Bobby Green (155) vs. James Terry (156.25)*
*It appears as though a scale calibration issue was the reason for Terry weigh over.